Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Memory

One of the most beautiful things to me about being a human being is the ability of replaying memories as if they  just happened. A lot of things can trigger memories for me, the slightest sound, smell or a touch can take me into an overwhelming memory. Memories that at times so bittersweet that I wish I could stop the time for a minute or two and just live in them. Replaying smallest details, like the rhymes  my grandmother would tell me while playing hide and seek with me. Or the way I would run into my grandfathers arms before I leave his house and the smell of a lilac bushes that filled his yard. My mother's laughter, when she was spraying me and my brother outside with the hose on the hot summer day. Things I pray to God I never forget. It's wonderful to be able to do that.  The painful memories, if you look at them in the right light, it is possible to view it as a crazy blessing thing. Even the memories of the people that hurt me, I may dislike those memories but I have learned from them, In some way I am thankful to them.
We all have those moments when we remember thing so clearly as if it just happened yesterday, we smile or perhaps we weep at what we thought was long forgotten. I love the memories I can hold onto.

No comments:

Post a Comment