Monday, March 12, 2012

Watch Your Mouth


My grand father was an amazing, smart, loving man, he was  respectful and very much respected by others. When I first told him about my engagement to my  husband, he gave me one advice: "Fight nicely and  to watch my mouth and what comes out of it. Words are not birds, once they fly out of your mouth you wont be able to catch them."
So I have a question for all of you, when it comes to intense conversations with your significant other: "Would you let anyone else talk to them that way? Will you be okay if they talked to you like that?"  And its not just what we say, its the way we say it. The tone, the volume, facial expression its all plays it's roll. 
Do I screw up and have short temper? Absolutely!  We all do. So next time when we are having a bad day or heated discussion with our other half, lets try to remember that words are powerful and also remember to watch our mouth. After all we kiss them and our kids with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment